Medical Withdrawal from the University

A student will be granted a medical withdrawal for medical or mental health reasons from the University within the term the student is incapacitated, on the condition that detailed written documentation is provided by the student’s health care professional to the Vice President for Student Affairs and Associate Provost. Written notification will be provided to appropriate parties by the Vice President for Student Affairs. Any student receiving a medical withdrawal during the term may be required to remain out of class the succeeding term. (This decision will be based on seriousness of illness and time of withdrawal.) Medical withdrawals must be made within the term being requested (during illness), and are for the entire term. There are no partial medical withdrawals for a term. The Vice President for Student Affairs will recommend the appropriate refund, if any.